It is proven, black and summer are not incompatible. Today, from Tot-Hom&Co we want to give you the keys on how to wear black in summer. Because, yes, you can, and we will have you falling head over heels for the soberest colour that exists on the face of the earth.
From the legendary LBD to the tulle skirts, through oversize pants, XL vests and maxi dresses. In the world of fashion, the power of black is undeniable, there is no other colour so faithfully synonymous with elegance.
A black dress in summer is able to be sexy, elegant, minimal, rocker or even boho. And to top it off, it is the perfect ally to stylize your figure. Its most unquestionable power? Its capability to be worn whatever the occasion. And of course, by any occasion we mean any summer event: dinners, walks at sunset, meals with friends or cocktails beachside.
Tricks to wear black in summer
Dressing in black in summer has a big advantage: the versatility of this colour is infinite. That’s why the combinations are endless. However, at Tot-Hom&Co we want to give you some tricks to get the most out of your summer looks:
- For day looks: combine a maxi dress with accessories that have nothing to do with night wear, but quite the opposite. For example: panama style hats, wicker beach baskets or esparto wedges.
- For evening looks: combine your look with XXL complements. A ponytail with XL earrings or loose hair with long necklaces can give you a more elegant or relaxed style, depending on the event.
- Play with shoes. Black is compatible with everything, so you can counteract the sobriety of the colour with the most special shoes you have in your closet.
- You can also mix complements and accessories with character, be it a choker, a denim jacket or a funky bag.
- If your intention is to enhance the sexy, elegant and sensual side of black, there is nothing better than wearing some heeled sandals combined with a small clutch style bag.
These are some of the tricks that will allow you to get the most out of wearing black in summer. Below, we show you some of the stylings from the last collection of Tot-Hom which will have you falling head over heels. You can find them in our multi-brand boutiques.